View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post

Love the team for what it is. Size isn't the only competitive factor in hockey guy's. Go Habs. Go Gionta, Plekanecs, Desharnais, Gallagher.
So lets continue to ignore the problems management hasn't addressed since 1994, gotcha. Even in my old hockey preview magazines, the 'insiders' agreed this team was always too small, too soft etc.. and guess what? They were right.

The formula for success has always been there, right in front of this ignorant 'philosophy' that places the importance of size and grit somewhere below pre game meals.

We have a franchise goalie, 2 franchise dmen and wonderful young talent. The key ingredients are there, but unless Bergevin and the old boys club sprinkle in some size on the backend, and down the middle, we aren't going anywhere.

You have a limited timeframe to make these moves, to surround Price , PK, Markov and the young talent with the tools and confidence to build a winner. I'm not saying it's 'Cup or Bust', but to be a real threat every year isn't a big reach for this team with its key components already in place.

We are in fact 'too small' down the middle, and 'too small' on the backend. It always comes to light in the playoffs, just like clockwork. I actually have faith that Bergevin will fix the issues that have plagued this team for years and years.

So when Price is getting run over, and it doesn't seem to bother anyone too much or our Captain is being run down, with no consequences.. or when Gorges is getting laughed at because he's being drawn into a situation he shouldn't be in... just remember... it all adds up in the end.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote