View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Waldo

vCash: 500
Didn't watch the game so I'm only going by the boxscore but it seems like a good effort against a much superior team stacked with high end talent and much deeper than than the Jets. So far it's nice to see Ladd as our most consistent scorer that seems not to get much respect. He's certainly not the problem. We're lucky to have him. We are however, fading quickly into irrelevance. As long as I see effort I'll be happy. I still think we have a good core and I really don't see what Chevy could do to improve the team. Poni and Jokinen I thought were very good pickups as there was not much in the UFA market that was available. It's too bad that there was no chemistry. I thought we would be a playoff team but it seems that we are not. I'm not upset about it. We are what we are and we may be a lottery team.

I don't blame Chevy as I like what he is doing. I'm somewhat unsure about the coaching. Sometimes I feel like they are the right persons to coach this team and sometimes I'm not as sure. I do like what Carlyle is doing with the Leafs and he seems like the type of coach we need but we have Noel et al. High draft picks is what we need so all is still good.

What I do like is our D. With Trouba, we will have a totally awesome defense. It does seem like our forwards are years away. Anyhow, now for the B's and then ..... total disaster with 9 of 11 on the road. We haven't shown that we can compete on the road but some top draft picks are ours should the Jets stumble, as one would predict. Either way, I am totally enjoying the ride.

Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote