View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 01:08 AM
sabresEH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Meh, I chuckled when I read Nichushkin at #2. To me, that ranking would be based more on "tools" rather than play, as his speed, size and hands combo is tantalizing, but he's very individualistic in his efforts and I'd question his IQ. I haven't seen any of him in the last few weeks though. It also could be Canadians giving the kid a bump since he beat Murphy-Rielly-Subban to win WJC bronze. :tongue-in-cheek:

The only knock on Barkov is his average skating, but he's younger than MacKinnon and already a second-year pro in Finland where his production speaks for itself. Monahan is stuck on a rebuild in Ottawa, so his numbers and play can be a bit deceiving, while Lindholm is a two-way playmaker that skates hard, who probably could produce more points if we're nitpicking his season too. I see no reason to downgrade any of the three in favor of Nichushkin, Zadorov or Nurse, and I say that especially liking what Zadorov brings to the table -- size, physicality, shutdown defense.

I also think that Pulock, Shinkaruk and Erne will all provide good value if they're outside the top-ten.
The bolded is what I saw. Potential. He's the player in this draft that 5 years down the road everyone will either go, how the *u*k did we pass on him, or more likely, good thing we passed on him. My Nichuskin suggestion only came from watching the beyond blue and gold where Terry says he wants to see management take more risks. IMO he has one of the biggest upsides in the draft. But may have the least chance of reaching his potential of all first rounders. If we can pick up an extra second. Definitely do it.