View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Flames92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Avs fan coming in peace. I'm from calgary and have a soft spot for the flames. I've watched most of the games and honestly the biggest issue with the flames is they got no identity. Every player is different and it's it's hard to tell what kind of team they are. I think they should seriously just blow it up and trade away they're big assets. If feaster was smart, he'd go after O'Reilly from the avs and start the rebuild around him. He's the type of guy you build a team around and I honestly can't think of a better way to start a rebuild. I hate losing him from the avs standpoint but unfortunately it looks like its going to happen. The flames are probably going to have to pay a premium but it'll be worth it the long run. I hope it happens, it's sucks trading him to a division rival but the guy is a real gem and feaster should be all over him. Him and Beartshi on the same line would really be something.
Going after O'Reilly would most likely require our 1st round pick (unless you want one of our aging veterans). I just don't see us being good trade partners on this one. Giordano maybe comes to mind but he won't be enough to get it done. Bottom line, I don't want this team to give up any of the future and seeing as the price will be higher for us than say eastern teams, I think I would pass. He is a fantastic player though.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote