View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 02:02 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Hags has some advantages and Fasth has some advantages, but I think we are talking about comparable players, just depends on how they develop.

Look, if we get one speedy two-way left wing who scores 50 points and one speedy two-way right wing who scores 50 points, I am beyond ecstatic.

This would be particularly beautiful if either Kreider or Miller developed into one more quality second line LW and either Thomas or St. Croix developed into one more quality second line RW. The team would have depth coming out of its ears if it worked out this way.
Um no. Hags is the better skater. The better hustler. Maybe a bit better defensively. But Fast has the much higher upside, can dangle like a real Swede and has a much better hockey sense. He effortlessly gets many scoring chances per game due to this hockey sense, while Hagelin has to work like a maniac to get them. He is a real "finisher" too, buy that still needs to work considerably on improving his softish shot - something everybody says and he knows about. He is going to be slightly bigger than Hags too, but that has no real importance here. Fast has genuine 2nd line NHL talent with a consistent higher PPG production roof than Hagelin. By far. And I really like Hags and what he provides. But they are not comparable in any way on the ice other than carrying the same passport IMO. But maybe that is what you were trying to say and I just got it wrong ??