Twi2ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
LMAO. PK > OEL AINEC.
I should stop here, but...
Quote:
This poll was made like 2 weeks ago in the poll section and PK destroyed OEL, even Bruins/Leafs fans agreed to it.
The poll section is for entertainment purposes only, my friend. I have watched and been around enough hockey in my life to be fully confident in my opinion regardless of what HFboards poll section has to say. That place is crazy fickle, and flip-flops year-to-year. It is nothing more than a popularity contest over there and I'd bet 95% of the voters have yet to really watch him play. It's not like PK is chopped liver so I'm not that surprised he'd win a vote on here, OEL is not a flashy player.
Quote:
OEL may be a bit faster and may position himself better, but PK has a far better shot, better vision and completely wrecks him in the physical department. PK is also an agitator and can get under the opponent's skin.

I'd argue that PK is better offensively and on par defensively.
I respectfully disagree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No, I don't think there's a stat that factually rank a player.
Stats are facts. Are you actually going to deny that??
Used individually, they mean very little. JVR has more goals than Stamkos, nobody is going to argue that he's a better sniper than him.
Advanced stats are multiple stats that help you paint a picture.
So shots for:shots against is somehow the stat that decides all? What does Corsi actually measure, the discrepancy between shots for/against while you're on the ice? That's what you've got? PK has Josh Gorges blocking everything, how does that get factored in to his peers evaluation? How about quantifying the various systems being employed around the league? You have yet to show me a single stat that "proves" PK is better than OEL. So why do you say that I deny that stats are facts?
Quote:
It's cool that you have this opinion. Everyone is entitled to one. But just keep in mind that you are basing this ''they will all be better than PK as soon as next year or two'' idea on absolutely nothing.
Heck, one guys just got to play in his 12th NHL game.
You also mentioned picking a player that hasn't even been drafted yet over PK.
I am not basing it off of "nothing" dude, I'm basing it on what I see from them on the ice, and the age they are doing it at.
Quote:
You're just basing this on a few games watched on a TV screen, probably not even paying attention to half the things you should be observing. If only prospects and players were so easily evaluated..
Interesting that you have an opinion on my ability to "pay attention to the things I should be observing". I don't know how to respond to that. Also, you keep saying "a few games", how many times do you think I've seen him play? How many times have you seen him play and paid attention to the things you were supposed to?

Yes evaluating prospects far removed from the big game does get very tricky, also hard to gauge young AHL/NHL tweeners, but once established in the league, things get much clearer. More importantly, some guys are just so good, that even when their age implies that they should be far from the bigs, they're so special that they excel right away in the NHL.
Quote:
You're the one that brought up ice time. If you want to argue that Emelin is better than PK, go ahead, I'm up for a laugh.
Do you know that in the last 5 games PK has played less than 21 minutes only once? and that was the game that he got benched for a mistake. Alexei Emelin has only played more than 20 mins twice since PK came back.
Quote:
Everybody knows, you think OEL is better than PK based on your eyes. It's solid proof I must say.
I never said it was. Watch him and you'll see for yourself!