View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 05:11 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
And Jevpalovs in the QMJHL with 2 goals tonight

Seems Pels is adjusting to the men's hockey well. Of couse at the moment his stats aren't that spectacular 15 games (1+7) 8 points, but at this age Daugavins was also struggling in the AHL and Karsums was far from point per game level too. Considering that before the season I was sceptical about his progress in men's hockey, at least through the North American leagues, I'm glad that recently his scoring is improving and who knows, we might see him and Girgs in Sochi... Also would love to see him in the NT, as I haven't seen him play for a while... Of course additionally I'm proud for him since he's from the Preili region in Latvia from where my parents also come from and which isn't really known for growing hockey talents since there's only one arena 50 km away in Daugavpils. Hopefully soon Rēzekne will also have ice arena, there are plans. Though that doesn't improve Preili guys like Pelss life, as then there is only choice either to go 50 km to Daugavpils or 50 km to Rēzekne Preiļi is such a small town than it will get ice arena probably only when we have the level of economy like that of Denmark... But if Pels is successful no doubt he will be like an ambassador of this region guys' hockey dreams
Well it would certainly be great!

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote