View Single Post
02-16-2013, 05:42 AM
Hockey Maniac!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Caniac4ever View Post
Philadelphia - This was really the only bad experience I've had. It was the game a few years ago where we pulled out to a big lead and then the Flyers came back and tied it and then won in the shootout when we had fainting goat in goal. We were constantly chirped (to be expected) but then it went to throwing things at us. At one point the even took my Canes hat off and threw it around and stomped on it. The most surprising fact while all of this was going on was that an usher was directly beside us at an entrance into the arena and laughed and thought it was all funny. I was actually worried we were going to get hurt leaving the arena. I would go again, but not in Canes gear.
It seems a general consensus among visiting fans to Philadelphia that those individuals are a little over the top in how they treat away supporters. I am all for back and forth trash talking in good fun but when something happens like to you, I just can't stand for it. That said, I would be right back there cheering my team on and looking forward to seeing them make the home fans departure at the end of the night a sad one.

tattooedsean is offline   Reply With Quote