View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 08:29 AM
BubbaBoot

vCash: 500
While waiting for my last pick [Ralph Backstrom], I was going down my lists and trying to figure out who I wanted, who was available and who would probably get picked over the next round or so.....seems like a lot of my favorites are getting snagged.

- Bob Goldham
Didn't know anything about him but researching him quickly made me interested. Not only was his reputation deserved, he was also a natural right handed shot. Sturm was right, he was the BDA.

- Ed Westfall
One of the unheralded from the Bruins late 60's/early 70's teams. Not only was he a great defensive forward but he was also a very good special teams player with almost as many SH goals as he has PP goals.....hated it when the Bruins lost him to the Islanders, (where he became captain), in the expansion draft.

- Rob Ramage
I am intrigued about him. I like him as a player but during his prime he was on some sad sack teams. Always wondered what would've happened if he were on some of the better teams of the era during his prime, although he was a strong contributor on the Flames SC team.

- Ted Green
Terrible Teddy actually became a better defenseman after his head got caved in.....not being as rambunctious and impetuous as before he ended up playing better positionally. Probably jumped to the WHA at the best time possible for him.

- Jimmy Watson
He's a Watson, what more can you say? Major blue line stalwart for the Flyers SC years.

- Rick Tocchet
Was going to be my next pick if he somehow survived til then.....my kind of player.

- Dino Ciccarelli
A major league dick but in this format he would be a great 2nd line winger.

also
- Peter Bondra...a pure sniper.....and it's kind of funny, the current Bruins have a player that like Bondra's post lockout numbers, if averaged out would be very similar, as to this past lockout.