View Single Post
Old
12-18-2003, 06:57 AM
Captain8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...ports-panthers

Says teams have been contacting Dudley and talking trade involving Kristian Huselius and Olli Jokinen but that it would take a high price to acquire *each* and that Panther owner Alan Cohen says there is "zero chance" Jokinen will be traded.

Also says Bryan Murray has been asking about Kristian Huselius and Viktor Kozlov but Dudley wants to "hang onto" Kozlov. (If Dudley keeps Kozlov then that most certainly means he keeps Jokinen due to the 2 being paired as a duo since the start of last season)

It also says Dudley is finding a few interested parties in acquiring winger Ivan Novoseltsev.

Please read the complete article for the complete explanations to all of the above mentioned before coming up with proposals.
It's no surprise that Murray is interested in Kozlov; Murray has touted him throughout his career. I think he would add quite a bit to the Ducks lineup. To a lesser extent, same goes for Huselius. I'm a bit surprised that he's interested in Jokinen, with Rucchin and Niedermayer already in the fold. Perhaps he wants a power forward to play with Fedorov.

I hope Cohen isn't serious about his "zero chance" comment. Jokinen is hardly a franchise player. In theory, most of the roster should be available.