02-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I must admit that I did not stay up and watch the game. By what I am reading and hearing, I am glad I didn't.

Anyway, our boys are back in their familiar comfy, cozy, 30th place in the NHL.

This team, for whatever reason, cannot seem to motivate itself to play hard every night. I think in the end, that does cost Richards his job. Like him or not, everyone knows how this team must play to win, and it isn't happening every game. They showed the world in the Edmonton game that with their scoring problems, even a team that sleepwalks through a game can still beat them when they put forth a strong effort. Thus, you would think that they would realize that that type of effort must be put forth every game for them to even have a chance to win. But alas, once again it seems that another team gets away with putting forth little effort to beat the boys in Union blue. But this time there was no stellar work effort that was not rewarded. That, fair or not, will fall on the coaches shoulders.
Has it ever occurred to you guys that a much of what you consider loafing around is actually LOFT?

I'm not picking on you directly doc, I just think a lot of what people gripe about (flatness, awful power plays, inability to sustain offensive pressure) in these GDTs are more a result of the team just not having the skill to do these things well.

Last edited by Samkow: 02-16-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote