: Prospect Info:
2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 3/11) *Part II*
View Single Post
02-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Originally Posted by
Is that something that can be improved? I don't think you'll score a lot of goals with a mediocre shot. There are some guys with excellent shots that don't score a lot of goals.
Swedish tabloid Expressen ran a bit about this the other day. Hedberg is not the sharpest knife in the drawer if you ask me, was a great player but...
Here is the article
- pretty poorly written too.
My "translation" follows below:
HV's national team forward gets some criticism from NHL scout
HV 71's national team forwards Jesper Fasth is tied for fourth place in the league (SEL) in goalscoring this season.
But New York Rangers scout Anders Hedberg wants him to become even better at shooting.
- Itīs pretty damn doubtful that he's ever going to have Brett Hull or Steven Stamkos shot. It is rather unlikely, says Hedberg to SportExpressen.se.
21-year-old Jesper Fasth has been lent out by the NHL club New York Rangers to HV 71 this season
Ahead of tonight's away meeting with AIK, he has scored 17 goals and is tied for 4th place in the league with that..
- What is interesting is that he continues to develop as a player, says NY Rangers scout Anders Hedberg.
The HV and Three Crowns (Tre Kronor = Swedish National team) Jesper Fasth constantly puts on a good impression with his amazing hard work.
- He is a great skater. That is his best tool. Another important ingredient is that he has "the compass" (great sense of direction) upstairs. He knows what he wants and where he's going. Everyone I talk to says that he works as hard as a galley slave, says Anders Hedberg.
In order to succeed in the NHL this coming fall, Hedberg wants to see that Jesper Fasths shooting skills are improved.
- He must learn to shoot faster and be more precise, says Hedberg.
Jesper Fasth says he is aware of that flawed detail in his game.
- I have been told this throughout my entire career ... but I try to work on it almost every day, says Fasth to SportExpressen.se.
Anders Hedberg does not want to put additional pressure on Jesper Fasth, but says:
- If he's ever going to have Brett Hull or Steven Stamkos shot is pretty damn doubtful. Rather unlikely. It is one of the tools that he definitely can improve, but I know he is practicing at it.
Jesper Fasth seems otherwise to be quite happy with his season.
- I feel good that I have taken some pretty big strides this year. I think I have become more stable and a smoother overall player. I have been injured a lot before, so it's nice to be healthy, says Fasth.
Last season, he was also featured on the Three Crowns squad (National Team) and had a chance to break onto the Swedish World Cup team. But, as has been said, injuries destroyed much of the end of that season.
- "It was first my knee and then I broke my foot and then I came back to the playoffs. Then injured again. It feels good to have been healthy for most of this season. Well I have played almost 37 matches so far." To be precise, Jesper Fasth has accumulated 30 points (17 goals, 13 assists) in 38 games.
He's HV-71īs top scorer and he has set both personal goal and point scoring records in the top division this winter.
View Public Profile
Visit BBKers's homepage!
Find More Posts by BBKers