View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 10:00 AM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
No, it likely won't. It didn't last year; in fact it is arguable that the Jets played better without him last season when he was injured. Hockey is a team game and no single individual is irreplaceable.

If the Jets continue to struggle it is because they don't have a good enough team on the whole yet, they are lacking talent throughout the lineup. To pin anything on the loss of an individual is a textbook case of missing the bigger picture.
Agreed.

Let's face it we finished 9th last for a reason last year. This was with the unbelievable home atmosphere we had and to be honest just isn't the same this year. We've now lost three in a row at home , play Boston off a loss for them then have 9 of 11 ( I think that is it ) on the road. We could be multiple games under .500 after that , looking up at lots of teams between us the last playoff spot.

IMO if that happens then we are likely to see the direction change. This season seems to be primed for injuries unfortunately and right now assets may have added value which the Jets may take advantage of.

The forwards we have that have some offensive talent seem to be very streaky , that isn't a great thing when you strive to be consistent. We have no C that can distribute the puck well , feed his wingers and make things happen on the PP. Maybe the demotion of Scheifele had more to it than just if he could play ok/decently this year. IMO if it was just that I would have kept him , if it is because we truly are looking at next year ( which is fine as I fully expect we have a definitive plan ) then it makes some sense.

Things may get worse before they get better .

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote