View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 10:38 AM
cajal
In Visible Silence

vCash: 500
+ Fleury. I had a feeling he would play well tonight after giving up those softies in the last game. He's done that a lot in his career.

+4th line. Scoring was a bonus, but they seemed to spend every shift mostly in the offensive zone, wearing Winnipeg's D down.

+ being able to win when our stars aren't just going into beast mode and taking over

+ this is the ugly type of game you need to play in the playoffs. Maybe a few too many good chances against, but in general being able to win ugly is something the Pens usually struggle with.

+ a small plus, but Paul Martin was great other than the one giveaway. He has been reborn again hard, to use a movie quote.

- the pens can't figure out how to play offensively against a trapping type team

I watched a replay of this game again this morning, and I appreciated the effort from most of our guys, including Bennett. He needs to eventually play with Crosby more. I'd be happier if we get a legit 1st line winger, but I think Shero is in the process of doing that.

Two points, even if it was ugly