View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
islandermaniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIsle View Post
Me too I would not trade Nino. Okposo is the one I would try to trade.
Enough of his phony leadership.
As for Grabner, I would like to keep him.
I'm more ready to trade Nielsen or Okposo or even both. Nielsen gets replace by O'Reilly and we have Strome or Brock Nelson who might be ready for next year. And Cizikas and Johan Sundstrom are nice prospect too.
here is the problem: you are suggesting that the isles move forward with several rookies up front. that just doesn't work.

so, if i'm going to trade someone up front, it would be okposo. since i don't want a slew of prospects replacing nhl players, i would keep nielsen. despite his flaws (not super physical, poor on draws) he has qualities that can help win games. he is a proven nhl player. if he was playing where he belonged, on the third line, isles fans would love him even more than they already do because he would be playing a proper role and his production would suit said role. i am not convinced that cizikas is ready for a 3c role yet. it is fatal for isles fans to always assume that our prospects are ready to fill such roles.

as for the swiss miss (his whining like a little girl has given rise to the name not the way he plays)...he has value and is a prospect. at this point he is nothing more than that. no one can even convince me that he is the best isles prospect in bridgeport. he has 30 goal potential...ya, i get it...but i take a shot at o'reilly despite the fact that o'reilly likely does not have the same goal scoring potential.

anyway, i believe a package of okposo and niederretier has value. enough value to get o'reilly? i have no idea. i'll leave that to the the real hockey people. i just hope the isles don't get rid of serviceable veterans to replace them with children before those children are ready for productive nhl service.