View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 11:30 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
You think he'll be a good fit with EJ or better off with someone like Elliott/Barrie?
I think to start his career he will need to play with somebody who's good defensively. Him with a guy like O'Byrne would be a place to potentially start. If he plays well, maybe even on a pairing with EJ.

Long term I think he'll surely be playing with an offensive partner. Ideally Elliott because the two were fantastic together as a pairing in Saskatoon in Duncan's draft year. He plays his best while with an offensive partner, but that transition might just take some time at the NHL level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
If the rumours are true that the Avs are asking for a top-6 forward and a top-end prospect for RoR, I believe they think Siemens might be the solution next year. Otherwise they would be asking for a #2 LH dman in that trade.
You can never have too much depth on D. I would really hope that the Avalanche are looking to get one back as part of a potential O'Reilly deal. I could see a D prospect and a solid NHL forward being the return, although I still hope it gets resolved instead.