View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 11:40 AM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by enthropi View Post
The reality of that is that opponents feel like they can score from anywhere on the oilers, ie: Dubnyk doesn't intimidate. Both the goalie and the d are prone to fluke or stupid goal. Hopefully, Dubnyk's recent performances will eventually change that, but I still see that he is easier to score on from far than from in-close, he simply doesn't look big in net, doesn't force opponents to search for intricate plays or perfect shots be able to score like Price or Lundvist do, for example. Anyone who sees such goalies with regularity see there is still a gap for Dubnyk to make up to be atthat level, even if he does make a lot of saves.
Most successful teams take a lot of shots from the points, then try to cash in on the rebounds. I bet if you look at all the top teams in the league they all get a ton of offense generated from there d men. It's defnitely not just us that teams play like that against. If you want an example look at Belanger a solid 40 point center before coming to the Oiler's who have no presence from the point, now suddenly he struggles to hit 20 points. Coincidence? I think not.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote