View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I'm with CV. The problem with this team's identity is that it caters more towards the fourth line than the first. It makes ZERO sense. I've said it ad nauseum, but when is Shero finally going to build this team around two of the best players in the league, instead of building around a bi-polar spazz of a goaltender?

We've spent countless first round picks on defensemen. We went blueline shopping a couple of years ago and spent close to $10m/year there. When our schizophrenic goalie bottomed out last spring, we spent more money for a veteran backup to push him.

I'm not saying ANY of those moves were bad, per se. But in a salary-cap world, you need to make tough decisions. And it always comes back to where your starting point is. And this team's starting point is in goal. And that makes zero sense for THIS team.

We've already lost one indispensable forward (Staal). I don't want to lose anymore. But if we continue to focus on playing this ridiculous system of 'grinding those b*tches down', we will regret it.

I wanna be Chicago. Why can't we be Chicago? Skill everywhere, skill coming out of their ears. They're not built around Corey Crawford. They're built around Toews and Kane. Like they're supposed to be.

Everything with this team is ass-backwards.
I don't think Bylsma has even the faintest idea of how to coach skilled players. He wants people who play like 4th line grinders, because they're the guys he knows what to tell to do. Offensive creativity isn't exactly a point of familiarity to DB.

Polaris Husky is online now   Reply With Quote