View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Dog View Post
Dating myself, but the only two Kings' road games I've seen were in the early 70s in Oakland (both Kings' wins).

Decent arena for its time, but what I remember were buckets of beer. A bucket was approximately the equivalent of about 3 beers.

Also remember the legendary Crazy George leading the crowd in cheers.
DOG!! you need to post more, much more. You must have good stories from way back when.

I've only been to Anaheim, many times - but not so much the last few years. I would rather go thru the "hassle" of making it up to Staples (I live only 5 miles from the Pond) than give the Ducks my $$.

And speaking of the pond, when it was built, I was totally blown away. It was sooooo much better than the Forum, I thought nothing could top it. But Staples blows the pond out of the water, it's everything an arena should be. I look at going to the pond mostly as a chore now - many things about it just reeks Disney-design (throw in a few high end products to impress but basically cut budget by cutting function. It's really NOT that nice an arena, and the parking is much worse than it should be - and of course Disney helped put the kibosh on any and all future light rail transit in OC )

And I must add to you Kings fans across Canada and US: we can hear you cheering on TV. Last year's playoffs, there were huge Kings cheers in both Phx and NJ (and there was that one guy in Vancouver )

Keep up the good work!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote