View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 12:43 PM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Their leverage is not to trade O'Reilly. They can sit him for as long as they want. Colorado also has many more teams interested and it seems like folks like yourself still seem to assume Bergevin is going to give him $5M per season for one year of performance.
There was some statistical analysis done on ROR and given his age and his performance against top-line opposition it seems as though his upside is monumental. I'd give him 3 years at 5 easily - remember he's a centre and we haven't had much luck with them since the early 90s. It would be a vicious and proactive move from a management group that replaced a decade which had largely re-active managers.

If it infringes on our cap, well I guess Kaberle's getting bought out and, if need be. Gionta's getting moved this summer.

I'd hate to give up Beaulieu because if he pans out he'll be ace but I think giving up a 1st and DD for ROR is more than fair (for us to give up - I have no idea what they'd want. Aside from centre, they're a weak team top to bottom). You're right that the Avs can just hold onto him but as I said, if they intend on making the playoffs OR if they intend on stockpiling picks they'll make a move. If they wish to keep the status quo and play Ryan O'Byrne and Palushaj on the 2nd line then they can just hold onto O'Rielly until they're blue in the face.

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 02-16-2013 at 12:49 PM.