Thread: Proposal: Trade Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I'd love to grab Richards as our top 2 centers are not impressive. However, I really don't want to pay the price it would take to get him. Plus....that contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Gabby would be the one we would go after if we went after either of them. There is no way Nashville takes on Richards and that contract. Good player, but he is already 32. If I'm not mistaken he is signed until he is 39. Gabby's contract ends after next season. He's only a year younger than Richards, but we wouldn't be tied to him if he started getting hurt or started declining.

I look up and down Nashville's roster and wonder what type of impact someone like Richards or Gaborik can have.

I hate Fisher in the middle of your 1st line. Hate it. I'm sure Nashville's going to throw the moon at Getz this off-season, but I don't see him leaving Anaheim for some reason.

How has Erat look on the left side throughout his career? I know he's on the right side now, but I recall years ago he was on the left, no? The combination of him and Gabby on a line can be flat out scary for the opposition. Erat's epically underrated by everyone outside of Nashville, it's ridiculous. But, he's also under the radar because of it.

Rangers might look to move Gabby during the offseason. Small possibility depending on a few things. 40G scorer. Doesn't need a 1C to be successful. 1 year remaining on his contract.

Richards produces. Rest of his game isn't what it used to be, but he can produce offensively. Although his cap hit is manageable, he's got a lot of years on his salary. And a NMC. There are so many 1C's in the league though. You either get lucky and draft one, then develop him. Or, offer the world and trade for one. Or, pray to the gods and hope you can obtain one via free-agency.

Rangers blue-line is stacked, but we could use help. Especially if it's a young guy that can grow with our core. Currently:
McDonagh(L)-Girardi(R)
Staal(L)-Del Zotto(L)
Stralman(R)-Gilroy(R)

McIlrath is expected to solidify the right side of our third-pairing late this season, or next year.

Stralman has been pleasant, but he's not the consistent puck-mover we could use. Aside for Del Zotto, our blue-line isn't the most dynamic when it comes down to offensive capabilities. We really could use a booming shot from the point, and from what I've seen, Ellis could be huge for our flowerplay. But I'm a huge fan of Blum and Josi too.

Just thinking out loud here. I think we can be good trade-partners, depending on which direction both of our teams go.

Is Leipsic the real deal, btw? Kid is on a tear.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote