View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
Enough of Brian Strait already. There's a reason that both he ad Lovejou aren't with the organization anymore. The Pens felt that Lovejoy was a marginally better NHL defensemen which is why they waived Strait, then they felt that both Bortuzzo and Despres were better NHL defensemen than Lovejoy so they traded him. Based on the returns, I'd say their estamation wasn't far off the league consensus. If you disagree, that's awesome but you also don't get paid for your evaluation of talent,

It's amazing to me that people didn't see something like this coming with the incredible depth the Pens have on defense in the pipeline. Instead of constantly bringing up who isn't here and how awesome you think they'd be, just appreciate the young guys that are in the lineup.

Oh...and this isn't directed at my man DD...i'm just using his post as a jumping of point before I have to hear more garbage about borderline NHL defensemen.
I don't think anybody on the board is. I'm guessing dissension is still allowed, and it is sort of the point of the article, haha.

Like I've said though, he's really the only waiver-wire fodder I took issue with. I like that we have depth in the pipeline, but when the party line is that you draft BPA and deal from a position of strength to fill roster holes as required, then just give away solid young defensemen for the likes of Lovejoy, there's gonna be some justified head-scratching. Especially if we want to make a deal for a scoring wing at the deadline and a prospective trade partner wants a quality roster defenseman as part of the deal.

For the record though, I love Bort and Despres.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote