Thread: Speculation: Shake-up?
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 01:12 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
I like Marleau but agree it might be time for him to go. More for his sake really. He's just not the player he was a few years back. Patty has it in him, but hes too complacent.

A change of scenery would do him well.
Let's blame Marleau . . . again. I hope they actually do trade him so the problems get worse and then I will be back with a vengeance with the "I told you so's". I don't care for Boyle and am not in love with JT. But I am fully aware of what their absence would mean in the immediate future.

I keep getting the sense that many in the "I hate/don't like Marleau" camp are into the same trite old phrases that I outlined above. What is interesting in this recent stretch is that he is one of the few that has been doing exactly what the conservative camp wants. Fronting the goalie, battling well on the boards, and saving quite a few errant passes by preparing for the inaccuracies that come from the passer. But he keeps an even keel which grinds some of you. A team will wear out quickly if they fall apart over every bad game and take out on those around them. The Sharks consider themselves lucky to have him because he does get "it".

Last edited by SJeasy: 02-16-2013 at 01:17 PM.
SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote