Old
02-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FVM View Post
Well said. This is the vibe I get from Yeo too. He has shown great psychological eye and talent to motivate and get the most out of many players individually, but I have started to question his tactical prowess. He is a rookie head coach and maybe he improves with years. Right now his toolbox seems a bit lacking. I think he can coach this team into playoffs but if next year the play on ice is still as ineffective and uncreative as right now, maybe it's best to hire an experienced coach who can take us to the next level. There should be some available later when teams start to fire their underachieving head coaches.
Yep, and this makes the most sense, too. And maybe we see Yeo really light up in the playoffs, like he did when he coached Aeros to the Calder Cup finals where they had no business being in. Remember, part of the reason he was hired was because he knows the ex-Houston kids so well.

That said, I think he should swap places with... Rick Wilson, maybe? The guy has been an assistant coach since 1992, he sure as hell deserves his chance. Yeo would be a great assistant coach while also doing the on-ice drills and player motivation. If we had a tactical genius next to Yeo it would be fantastic, but even a more experienced coach could work wonders to this team. It won't be an overnight change though, and maybe we won't see the results for another month, but it would be a long-term improvement.