Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Stretch Factor

vCash: 500
As a lifelong fan of the CBJ and Cleveland Pro Sports Teams, I've had a lot of experience with this topic of losing for draft position. The argument comes up with every losing team as the draft nears, should we lose for a better pick.

My goal for the CBJ is the same as my goal for the Indians, Browns, and Cavs- win multiple championships.

In order to win multiple championships all my teams need to get better talent. You get better talent by drafting elite players, no matter what sport.

The CBJ are an excellent example of how to screw up a draft. They consistently win just enough games to miss out on the elite talent.

So yes, I'm for taking advantage of every possible opportunity to get better players. While I don't watch games hoping we lose, I do see the bigger picture and realize it's not the worst thing in the world. I don't find it despicable in any way and I don't think it makes anyone less of a fan to root for your team to get the #1 pick.

I also don't think less of other fans who root for a victory and don't care about draft position. This is their right as fans and even though it may be myopic, I get the passion.

Bottom line- Neither side of this argument is any more or any less of a fan.