View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 01:50 PM
thedonger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
As I said last year, Jones is a special player and will go 1st overall, but not to the Islanders. I would have loved to see them get a player like Jones, but they're slightly less terrible this season than they were last year. I'm expecting to see them in the 5-10 range and I would look at either Zadorov or Ristolainen, but I'd bet on Zadorov out of the two. Far more upside if you ask me. He's smarter, more mobile, and seems to have untapped ability whereas Ristolainen is limited in a few areas (IQ, puck skills), but still solid overall.
I've been very interested in Risto, but for some reason I thought his hockey IQ was one of his strengths. Maybe just I just assumed so because he's been logging so many minutes for his SM ligga team.

Zadorov is also very interesting, but do you think he could be a possible flight risk(even though he's playing in the CHL)?

Regardless, I agree that I prefer going D in the 5-10 range as I find the d-men projected to go in that range more appealing than the forwards projected in that range...maybe with the exception of Lindholm who seems to be getting projected anywhere from 4-6.