Thread: Speculation: Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 02:01 PM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
I believe that Chevy is not only open to manouvering the draft but will do just that if the cost / return is right for him.

Could be a great move to get a top 6 or 7 pick and perhaps move up for a player you are very high on , using some of the extra picks. Can easily see the value in doing that , all depends on what the cost is and what the return is.

However I also see the value of multiple higher picks . Simply put , the more you have , the more chances you have on hitting on them . If you hit on 2 second round picks , the return should be very good. Part of me would like to see the Jets do this , maybe even add one or 2 relatively higher picks from trading disposable players like Antropov , Wellwood for picks for this year. How the Jets grade the draft will determine to a large extent imo how they proceed.

Really appears to be some value in round 2 and further , sure you never hit on all your picks , but if hit on half and have double or triple the usual amount , well not hard to see how you substantially build your team going forward.