View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Yeah, neither of those are happening. Furthermore, I don't want Bouchard at all.

You know, you have to think about the other team and why would they want to do this, not just why you'd do it from a habs pov.
Really? I thought we could just rob teams blind... You know, like dumping big contracts for young studs like the Gomez-mcdo deal???

G figure e first reply was shocked at how bad it was for us, then you chime in arrogantly claiming the opposite.

- Statsny has been under performing for a while now, and his cap hit is quite large for a minimally spending team. In the deal I put forward, they add a bit of salary ~3M, but add 2 roster players in the process. Gionta immediately becomes their best winger, and gives a young group some vet leadership. Kaberle would be the toughest pill to swallow, but with EJ out, and their dismal pp, timing might be right for taking a gamble that he can still contribute for a team that is paper thin on defence.

- Minny has cap issues next season if they don't move some salary, right now heatley/Bourque is virtually a lateral swap, while saving 3M$. Issue is heatley's superior talent & bourques inconsistency, but with so many young talented fwds in the pipelines, they can risk having him on the books for the extra years... Especially with the added incentive of Eller, who is a great fit for them. Bouchard is a pricey throw-in, but our management has made mention of targeting Quebec natives, and he's got the talent to be a nice fit in our top-6 if/when he shakes the two up years of rust the concussion cost him. Doubt he fully bounces back this year, but if he shows well enough we re-sign him at a much more reasonable deal, and he becomes a nice stop-gap till one of kristo/colberg/Gally are ready for top6 minutes.