View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 02:09 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
And Shattenkirk is also 24... Does his defensive game keep getting better but EJ can't get back to 40 points?

Shattenkirk is 9 months younger, and has had two 43 point seasons. He is playing on a team that has scored 21 more goals in 2 more games. He has like 9 secondary assists. He went from being -7 to +11 in the same season, but playing on two different teams. You don't see how the situations they are in influence the numbers?

Shatty put up 43 points at 21. EJ put up 39. The potential is there. I don't see how you can say otherwise.
I didn't say EJ doesn't have the potential. He doesn't have the production. Shattenkirk has both.

And as I said in an earlier discussion, last year's StL/Col teams scored about the same amount of goals, and Shattenkirk far outproduced EJ offensively.

Again, I truly don't have a problem with EJ as a player. I really don't. In fact, I think he's quite good in certain aspects of the game. I also believe I'm taking a very direct, honest look at him and accepting what he is. At least what he is right now. My issue is the price paid for EJ.

Ever since EJ got to Colorado, I've been of the belief that they should pair him with a really good stay-at-home defenseman, so he can be free to produce offense. I'm not sure I feel that way any longer. I'm beginning to believe that EJ *is* the really good one defensively, and they should pair him with someone who can produce offense.

Last edited by ABasin: 02-16-2013 at 02:21 PM.