View Single Post
Old
12-18-2003, 07:31 AM
MojoJojo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
You guys are hilarious!

By the way, a second for Chuoinard was a gamble. You can't win them all, but you have to make them to win.

Clarke makes a trade for a pretty good young player, who everyone thought would cost us Gagne, or Handzus plus or Williams plus. We got him for a good prsopect, who is playing in the minors, and a couple of high draft picks. This team can win now (goaltending please... Esche? Malek? Someone?), and the Comrie move is all about that. I wish Woywitka well, but I doubt he will be an all - star, and heaven knows about those draft picks.

For the most part Clarke makes good moves which are mostly ignored and gets crucified for the occassional gambles that don't pay off.
I agree about needing to gamble occasionally. Chouinard was a gamble and it didnt pay off. I can live with that. Clarke is both a very good and very bad GM. Overall, his strategy of making risky trades has paid off though, considering that we are the #1 team in the NHL.

I still disagree with the Comrie trade. It just weakens us for the post CBA NHL, and doesnt help our team where we really need it. I mean, great, we have three power play units now, and the best fourth line center in the NHL. I would have at least gone after a good young goalie for what we gave up.

(BTW Yotes fans, Burke is not a good young goalie)