View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 02:22 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
i hope he (zucker) does well.
No, Heatley's numbers aren't irreplaceable, but I don't see any moves that would land us anyone = in offensive potential to Heatley that wouldn't also gut our young pool of talent. his cap hit is not preventing us from improving the team right now (for this year). You could argue we might get some prospect and a pick or two but it's unlikely that would help us this season. Likewise Backstrom. He's not ripping it up stats wise, so why not get rid of him and replace him with Kuemper or Hackett? You might suspect they could do a better job (you in the general sense) but you wouldn't risk the season on them developing that quickly. Know who else isn't irreplaceable stats wise? No one. Nothing is standing out offensively but Parise's shot totals.

Again, i don't see any scenario this year where subtracting heatley will lead to more offensive production over all.

I know i come off as sounding like a huge fan of his, but i'm really not much more than indifferent. He certainly doesn't look like he's playing as hard as he was last year but that could be just because last year he was the only real top six forward playing most nights and he stood out. Kinda like how Scandella looks better when there isn't much NHL talent around.