View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Chootoi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
What about the Salunier twins in Moncton? They're undrafted and overagers, but they've both been PPG+ for three straight seasons. Anybody watch Melindy closely or watched Gormley closely that saw the twins and thought they were worth contracts or a camp invite?

Just wondering who will be Maloney's surprise mystery signing this year. Shinnimin was understandable because he'd come to our camp before, but Miele was pretty surprising.
The Saulniers aren't near good enough skaters to play in the NHL. They have great chemistry together and they know how to find open ice, but with the speed of the NHL game those gaps close up fast. Also, when the game heats up physically, they often become a non-factor.

Melindy has disappointed me a bit this year. I really thought he'd be a rock on the top 4 this year but he's been wildly inconsistent. I think he may be trying to do too much. I like his grit, willingness to stand up for teammates, etc. but he takes some really awful penalties. Hopefully we'll see him tighten up the screws down the stretch here because he's got all the right tools.