View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Flames92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Guys while he didn't play terrible he hasn't exactly been stellar either. Some of those goals against Dallas were beyond pathetic. I'm not sure if we're leaning a little to heavily on the youth goggles here.

I think at best he would have been a backup goalie in the nhl. Anymore and I think we're deluding ourselves. He couldn't hold the starter job in the Ahl I don't see how we realistically expected him to keep it in the NHL.

Say what you want about Taylor or Brust but both of them have done more to deserve a sniff at the NHL than Irving at the moment.
I honestly don't think management had Irving in their future plans ever. They're clearly really high on Ramo so it seemed like regardless of how Irving played, he was not expected to be with this organization after the season. Like you said I don't think Irving was that bad but he didn't do anything to prove he deserved the job, as nobody expected him to. I still feel bad for him as he had one off game (vs Dallas) and a bad start vs St.Louis and he's gone. Getting pulled after two goals really sent a message that his time was up IMO.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote