View Single Post
02-16-2013, 02:44 PM
vCash: 500
Gallof thinks Wang would more likely want to give the team to his son, Kim Wang Un.

The other thing that strikes me as odd is that the fact that the Isles are being so especially cheap this year. And yeah, I know Wang is usually always cheap...except when he first bought the team. And the move to Brooklyn was unveiled in late-October...but I would think that Wang had a pretty good idea that it was going to happen in the months leading up. So with greener pastures approaching, I would've expected Wang to try and get Snow to make a bigger splash in the offseason and not $1M for Brad Boyes and no significant trade rumors. Then you've got the Tim Thomas trade...a situation where we don't have to pay the guy a dime, but we get to operate way under the cap. There will be plenty of cap space available this summer for a 2-3 key UFAs or via trade. All that space with a very young group of prospects...that ought to be attractive to a potential owner.

So it's either Wang is being his usual cheap self, even after the Brooklyn announcement...or he's trying to get team expenses down in hopes to make team more attractive. The fact that he has literally been laying low since Barclays announcement, raises suspicion for me.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote