View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Linkster
Beard goggles!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
And BTW, look at JT's passing outside of the offensive zone. I have seen quite a few that looks like he is catching Vlasic disease. It looks like it is an issue of moving feet and the closing defender is pressuring him into mistakes.
It might be a little more serious than Vlasic disease. I think JT's passing has been miserable since the Phoenix game, which is also around the time I noticed Marleau seriously gassed every time he pulled up short of the net on the rush.

I wouldn't underestimate the spread of an actual flu through the lineup over the last 10 days or so, and this year's strain is nasty. Boyle, Gomez, and Desjardins admitted to or were named by McLellan as having "the bug" and missed games because of it.

I'm no fan of Kurz, mostly because he always reminds me of waking up in a jail cell after a Jägermeister binge. But he did point this out earlier in the week:

"Instead of isolating players that are said to have this bug, though, Gomez and Desjardins were around the team on Tuesday at Bridgestone Arena." [http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin...-defining-flu]

I think the team slump is related to this flu issue, or possibly Hasso Plattner plans to move the team to Heidelberg.

Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote