Thread: Speculation: Shake-up?
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 03:12 PM
dwood16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Let's blame Marleau . . . again. I hope they actually do trade him so the problems get worse and then I will be back with a vengeance with the "I told you so's". I don't care for Boyle and am not in love with JT. But I am fully aware of what their absence would mean in the immediate future.

I keep getting the sense that many in the "I hate/don't like Marleau" camp are into the same trite old phrases that I outlined above. What is interesting in this recent stretch is that he is one of the few that has been doing exactly what the conservative camp wants. Fronting the goalie, battling well on the boards, and saving quite a few errant passes by preparing for the inaccuracies that come from the passer. But he keeps an even keel which grinds some of you. A team will wear out quickly if they fall apart over every bad game and take out on those around them. The Sharks consider themselves lucky to have him because he does get "it".
Marleau is definitely not to blame of late and this comes form someone who has been called a Marleau hater many times.

I happen to think he's come out of the lockout with a better disposition and seem to be skating harder and playing harder. Yes, there was a game or 2 where he wasn't but you can't ask for too much. He was good last year too.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote