View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
If his contract hurts the value Colorado can or will get , so much the better for Winnipeg ,presuming they have genuine interest.

Serious question , not what you hope for , but what level of player and production do you expect from Burmistrov? Also , are you ok with waiting until he is 25 to get said return? Is it also ok to wait for that as opposed to getting it right now? He is 22 and has had a lot of opportunity to provide results imo.

He has skills but as I have mentioned multiple times and sure his supporters are sick of hearing , that does not mean he is effectively making a difference to wins and losses. He may take the advise he has been given and translate that to making a real difference , or he may not as has been the case. You have to know when to sell , and not saying the Jets have to sell Burmistrov , but they do have to make that decision imo.

Right now Little is providing more of that Burmistrov imo and could be considered more valuable as a piece in a trade , by the team trading for him and the Jets. Saying that , I am sure if the Jets value ROR they would consider Little/Postma as their end of the trade , but again , I do not know if Colorado would make the trade for those 2.
I think what hurts Burmistrov's value on HF Jets is his lack of points. It's fair, the guy is supposed to score for us and set guys up.

I think when you start peeling the Burmistrov onions layers back is when you truly start to see the player he is becoming. Here are the reasons I believe he is a real beaut, and very underrated:

He has already shown he is very skilled, and has demonstrated he can score at every other level he's played

He has committed himself to being the best, most responsible player on the ice every shift he takes. How many young, offensively gifted players are that unselfish? Not many.

He is known to be a rink rat. Dedicated to practice, learning and getting better.

This kid reinvented himself. He is really becoming a premiere defensive forward and I think if you saw rookie Burmistrov, you would never guess he would do that. He scored at a higher level, but at what cost.

I think what #8 is doing right now is building up his defensive base. I think more and more you see he is now starting to add his offensive flair to that. Already this season I've seen him do more dynamic things offensively as games go on. All the while he is still extremely mindful of his defensive responsibility. Even the CBC guys commented on it last night.

I honestly, truthfully believe we are seeing the emergence of one of the NHL's premiere 2 way players. I think if we traded him now, we would regret it for years and years. Some have said Datsyuk lite, and I agree.

Others look at the scoresheet and see a guy who isn't really putting up the points we'd hoped. I see way more from Alex.