View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 03:37 PM
toughfighter83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
The guy that couldn't win a Cup with Crosby, Malkin, Hossa, Gonchar, Fluery, etc? Yeah he's perfect.

Also helps when you have the greatest goalie in NHL history on your team for 20 years. I'd like to see where they are in the standings after he retires.

Look at how many rookies started for this team and played well last year. Plus McGinn this year. I don't see how you can say he drafts lousy players. You can't expect every pick to make an impact in the NHL. That's a nice fantasy, but not realistic at all.

Ok GM Extraordinaire tell me, what is the right way to build this team?

I don't understand why you're giving up. This is a young team with loads of potential. You need to have patience. Rome wasn't built in a day.
it's not about giving up, its about being realistic, you are not being realistic, you dont want to hear that homer screwed this team up and how are you surprised anyway? he has made dumb moves in the past especially trading gagne for walker, not drafting a defensemen, trading a first rounder for a bust in eminger, trading for verstegg which was a bust,

ask yourself this question why was LA ok with getting rid of simmonds and schenn, and columbus getting rid of jake if they are so great players? maybe homer is the one that got screwed in those trades, it's not first time he got screwed in trades.

i mean if you are making excuses of those trades then it's obviously you dont want change in direction because you want those players to be good to make up richards and carter, in which they are not those players.