View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 03:38 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
Greening hasn't exactly played well and I've knocked him for it in my posts but Daugavins has been worse IMO. I'd keep the bigger body and faster skater in the lineup for this game at least. Daugs may be useful on the pk but others can handle that role.

Greening is a +3 while Daugs is a well deserved -6 for goodness sakes he's the worse of the 2. It's not the time to send Greening any messages outside of a good private raking over the coals. Why would Stache even consider dressing Daugavins over Greening for this game when they could have 2 very physically solid bottom lines?
I'm with you & have been defending Greening but he should have learned by now that he needs to be more physical consistently game in & game out to play in the NHL. I would prefer Greening over Daugavins but keeping him out of a big game like this for him could be the wake up call he needs. In NFLD they grew up either Habs fans or Leaf fans so a lot of family back home would be watching this game, that will hurt not playing. I really hope it lights a fire under him, not so much to score more but to get involved physically more, the scoring will come from that. Smith needs to step up as well, Daugavins should be put on waivers IMO.

aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote