View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Heebs21*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
The Liles trade was a straight salary dump. When you cut loose $4M in salary and don't take similar salary back, you take it in the shorts. Which Sherman did. And I believe since they dumped both Liles and Shattenkirk in the same few months, they *really* overestimated both EJ's and Elliott's (and perhaps Barrie's) readiness to create offense from a NHL blueline. Yikes.

Agreed totally on the Varlamov/Anderson situation. The Avs are basically in the same place as they were in Anderson, minus two draft picks. The team isn't any better. Unless of course you read into the "Anderson tanked games purposefully" conspiracy theory stuff. Which I do not.

I also am very concerned about what this O'Reilly trade will look like. Very concerned, indeed. I hope he does nothing, and everyone calms down over the Summer.

In the end, the Avs have two really good players in Varlamov and EJ, which is good. But they overpaid dearly for both, the team isn't any better than they would have been if they didn't make those moves, and the rebuild is likely now pushed out a year or two.
I couldn't have said it better.