Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Gryba, Grant and Dziurzynski
View Single Post
02-16-2013, 05:14 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
Not me personally but there were some on here who were arguing back in October that he had the potential to play 2nd line minutes.. I argued saying there probably was no chance in hell that he'd ever be a second liner. Unless of course we were ravaged by injuries.
A lot of people said Smith would never play on the 2nd line too so we just never know what could happen, hell we have seen Daugavins on the 2nd line & Condra on the first. DD brings a big physical presence, he is a decent skater & can work the boards or corners or stand in front of the net. We're just not sure if he can cut it in the NHL but this is his opportunity to prove us wrong & I hope he does.

While most only want to see elite or skilled players in the top six a lot of coaches will put a big tough guy with too skilled players for protection & to do the dirty work. Greening is a perfect example of that as is Neil & Smith. DD could be too but I think we will see him on the 4th line with limited minutes unless he has a couple of good shifts, then he could get more than that. I hope all three have a great debut.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote