View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Kaibur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
The Saulniers aren't near good enough skaters to play in the NHL. They have great chemistry together and they know how to find open ice, but with the speed of the NHL game those gaps close up fast. Also, when the game heats up physically, they often become a non-factor.

Melindy has disappointed me a bit this year. I really thought he'd be a rock on the top 4 this year but he's been wildly inconsistent. I think he may be trying to do too much. I like his grit, willingness to stand up for teammates, etc. but he takes some really awful penalties. Hopefully we'll see him tighten up the screws down the stretch here because he's got all the right tools.
Any other undrafted juniors you're seeing that you think might be worth a gamble?

Personally, I don't think Miele is going to be Marty St. Louis or anything, but if Maloney does hit big on one of these undrafted steals, I'll be the first to say it's a worthwhile scouting venture.

Looking at the contracts, it could be pretty crowded in Portland next year, depending on who plays where. I'm not sure if Miele's coming back or if Ruuttu will be coming over, but there's an awful lot of 20-22 year old forwards in the pipeline. If they keep a guy like Bolduc around, there may not be room to sign twins.