View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 06:18 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Paul Gaustad got a first round pick. Kyle Quincey got a first round pick. But Antropov and Hainsey are worth thirds?

If Oduya got a second and a third then Hainsey will get at least as much.
Hainsey should be worth more than Quincey but I can't remember if Quincey was a pending UFA or not. Either way, I don't think Hainsey will fetch a first even if he's a much better defenseman than Quincey. A 2nd and 3rd is more realistic for both players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
I'd say we definitely lucked out on the return for Oduya
Couldn't disagree more. Dominic Moore returned a 2nd as a 4th line rental player who was pretty much only good for faceoffs on MANY occasions (5 times?) from multiple teams. Oduya can provide some offense from the backend and play acceptable (not great) 2nd pairing D, and Chicago clearly liked him enough to re-sign him. The price for rentals is steep, that's just how it is. Relative to other rentals that wasn't an overpayment by Chicago.

Hainsey and Antropov, each, will return a 2nd and 3rd if traded IMO. Teams might want to push one or both of the picks off by a year though (like in the case of Oduya). Mid-level prospects or "projects" wouldn't be out of the question either, though the Jets would probably just want forwards with size.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote