Thread: Speculation: Shake-up?
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Dicdonya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
True. Too many trying to pretend they are Couture or Joe and Patty and trying to carry the puck in the offensive zone and, not being overly skilled they end up leading to a silly pass or loss of the puck.

Thornton and Patty, like all stars every year, are in a slump and will break out of it at some point. Clowe on the other hand..........
Im not even worried about silly passes or losing the puck if its because they are actually trying to make a play. It pisses me off that we get silly passes and turnovers after having cycled to puck for 30 seconds and just running out of time and space, and having not attempted even once in that 30 seconds to shoot the damn thing or even try to get it to someone who COULD shoot the puck.

All the friggin holding up about 10 feet into the zone and then dumping a pass back to the defender whos not really ready for it has to stop too. Either dump it deep or dump it on net, dont dump it literally 5 feet backwards when there is an opposition player on your ass, thus handicapping your own defender and allowing the other team to get back and into position for when that defender makes a rushed pass somewhere.

Also I really think clowe has been affected hard by the coaching, or really the players have just lost all creativity, I remember clowe used to love being along the boards in a cycle and then just randomly no look shooting the puck on net from the boards, he scored a decent amount off those and definintly caught some defenders and goalies off guard for someone else to put the puck away into the back of the net. I have yet to see clowe try that even once this year, not sure if thats on him, or if hes been "coached" not to try that play.

Dicdonya is offline   Reply With Quote