View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 05:57 PM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
I think what hurts Burmistrov's value on HF Jets is his lack of points. It's fair, the guy is supposed to score for us and set guys up.

I think when you start peeling the Burmistrov onions layers back is when you truly start to see the player he is becoming. Here are the reasons I believe he is a real beaut, and very underrated:

He has already shown he is very skilled, and has demonstrated he can score at every other level he's played

He has committed himself to being the best, most responsible player on the ice every shift he takes. How many young, offensively gifted players are that unselfish? Not many.

He is known to be a rink rat. Dedicated to practice, learning and getting better.

This kid reinvented himself. He is really becoming a premiere defensive forward and I think if you saw rookie Burmistrov, you would never guess he would do that. He scored at a higher level, but at what cost.

I think what #8 is doing right now is building up his defensive base. I think more and more you see he is now starting to add his offensive flair to that. Already this season I've seen him do more dynamic things offensively as games go on. All the while he is still extremely mindful of his defensive responsibility. Even the CBC guys commented on it last night.

I honestly, truthfully believe we are seeing the emergence of one of the NHL's premiere 2 way players. I think if we traded him now, we would regret it for years and years. Some have said Datsyuk lite, and I agree.

Others look at the scoresheet and see a guy who isn't really putting up the points we'd hoped. I see way more from Alex.
I appreciate that you are a fan of his , no issues with that at all . However he has certainly not shown he can score at every other level he has played at , that simply is not accurate. Then you say offensively gifted , do you mean he has skills , like skating ? he has skills but ALL of his skills have not produced offense. Potentially could he? Of course , has he? No.

Datsyuk lite means what? I know it is a throw around catch phrase to compare them as similar players but not at the same impact . Well lite as in how lite? That just is too easy a label to give and really means very little.

When you say the emergence of one of the NHL's premiere 2 way players , does that mean that is happening , can continue to happen without virtually any offense? Yes he can make very good defensive plays with his reads and skating but he also ,like last night , gives the puck away far too much to be regarded as premiere at this stage imo.

Then you say, isn't really putting up the points , really as in not at all , it is what it is . Dedicated to practice ,learning and getting better ... yes he has a love for the game and can be a "rink rat" however he has been told what he is not and has not been doing that this organization wants him to do and that hasn't been met with the best response nor has it dramatically changed. This is the same as when I said well before it went public that the organization was/had thought about time in the AHL for him . It was for a reason , and those reasons haven't changed positively very much .

I see why people are in love with him , and do hope he progresses , but let's be honest , he is a work in progress like many other players that right now has a long way to go in several areas. Key areas. This is my opinion but also one that has been identified by the people that are running this team.

I see a 3C , that can be an asset no doubt , but one that is not likely to produce better than average at best points and a C that doesn't bring out the best in his linemates. I still think he has a better chance at W than C to be blunt.

I hope you are right and I am wrong , I really do . I don't however have blind faith , but I am hopeful as it would really impact the development of this team .