Thread: Speculation: Goodbye Weiss
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Lessthan900
Rookie User

vCash: 500
To this day, I cannot think of Weiss as more than a 2nd line center, perhaps competing with Patrice Bergeron to be the best 2nd line center in the league. But thinking back to former years for the Panthers, I can remember Olli Jokinen playing with nobodies scoring far more easily than Weiss scores with solid wingers. I know Jokinen fell out of favor here and his career has been downhill since he slashed Zednik's throat. It's just a comparison of what was a top line center to a 2nd liner. Thankfully we have Huberdeau now, who hopefully will become our best top line center (if he doesn't stay at wing). Really though, I think Weiss has been misjudged and overrated in prior years. He has even said something in the media that makes him seem less than a top player, the thing about wishing the season only lasted 72 games. Again, Olli would play sick and injured if he had to. I would prefer Huberdeau ending up of the latter variety of player. Ultimately, I think Weiss's chance to be the top guy is up, so we either keep him as a solid 2-way 2nd line center or trade him for what we need.

Lessthan900 is offline   Reply With Quote