View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 06:29 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinboo View Post
I think they should keep Joe Thornton but trade marleau for a few guys. Seeing joe fight the other night shows a lot that he still wants to fight for us to win. As much as i enjoy marleau's goals hes just too quiet. I remember seeing him in last years playoffs, right before he stepped onto the ice he pulled a tug on on his chest around his diaphram. He doesnt want to be a shark inside. At least thats what i got from his body language.

And is it just me or do the guys look straight up tired on the ice?

they just look lethargic, i wonder how much tmac is working them in practice?

They really do need drew remenda behind that bench. He has soooooo much passion for them even after all the dissappointments.

Marleau just needs a new team though for reals... I dont believe he can win it with the sharks. It would be good for him.
This is legitimately the funniest post I have ever seen on this forum, and that should say something. Thornton (sort of) fought Toews, although he could have beat him up way worse and didn't seem to be trying much, so he wants to fight to win for us? Yeah, that makes all kinds of sense. You enjoy Marleau's goals but he's two quiet? Yeah, because we pay him for his speeches, not is goalscoring. Marleau tugged on his jersey so he doesn't want to be a Shark inside? What kind of pseudo-psychoanalytics is that? Remenda behind the bench? Do you even remember what a ****** coach he was? You'd honestly prefer a coach that has 'soooooo much passion' even though he blows to a coach that wins?

Oh boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Let's blame Marleau . . . again. I hope they actually do trade him so the problems get worse and then I will be back with a vengeance with the "I told you so's".
In times like these, I feel exactly the same way. I just want us to trade him to a team that can best utilize him and win with him, and I want everyone to realize how much they're missing his zone entries, his board work, his net-front presence, shot, PKing, defensive play, everything that he does outside of scoring goals that no one gives him credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
I think trading Thornton would give us the best return. Marleau is a really important to the Sharks but I dont think the rest of the league considers him as 'elite' as Thornton.

Also, I am not sure if either Thornton or Marleau would waive their NTC/NMC.
Thornton would probably waive his clause if the Sharks told him they were going to rebuild. I don't know if Marleau would.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote