View Single Post
Old
02-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Gert B Frobe

vCash: 500
Since Holmgren has been involved with the Flyers in 95 through 2005 when he was named GM to today the Flyers have absolutely blown at drafting defenseman.

After 6 years of drafting in 2001 they finally draft a decent defenseman in who takes quite a while to develop into a good defenseman for another team.

Dennis Seidenberg

Then in 2002 they draft with the 4th overall pick a goofy kid who lives with his mommy for the first whole year and then winds up a disappointing player - for another team:

Joni Pitkanen

Nice LONG gap until 2008 and they draft another guy they trade away - and still hasn't gotten to be as good as we thought he would

Luca Sbisa

And that's about it - unless you want to count Picard, Bourdon, Marshall. I don't think there have been ANY other defensemen drafted by the Flyers who have made it to the NHL since 1995. (for more than a cup of coffee that is)

How does Snyder not see that this team CANNOT spot young defensemen worth anything? I think they have this sort of cult like atmosphere there where every excuse is made for bad drafting and nobody is ever allowed to state the obvious. Personally I am so damn sick of it.

Fricking Jeff Woywitka. Peter Luukko must have thought when they drafted his kid "damn my kid has no shot at the NHL..."

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote