View Single Post
02-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Jim Ramsay
vCash: 500
No I don't believe that they are...

-The powerplay is an abomination... the past two seasons all it has done for this team is kill all momentum, lead to short-handed chances against and waste two minutes off the clock. There is no team in the league that can be considered a championship contender with a powerplay ranked 29th in the league.

-Passing and transition is just not on par with some of the other teams I've seen so far this year. They are never really in sync with eachother (might have something to do with the constant line juggling)

-I'm sure it will be a touchy topic, but in my opinion having Boyle as your third line center is basically saying you don't plan on getting any offense out of your third line. Sure the he may be good at take draws in the defensive zone and pinning the puck in the zone on the forecheck, but he has absolutely no awareness or offensive touch and doesn't make any players around him better.

-Its been a phrase I've seen thrown around here a few times but I completely agree with...this team lacks any kind of killer instinct and their attention to detail doesn't seem to be as sharp as it was last season.... Up by 3 goals in boston, up by 2 goals against the Isles..... these games should have ended up going to shootout.

-I've liked Torts as a coach up until this season. How can we keep doing the same things on the powerplay as we've done the past 2 years, There is too much talent on the team to let this go on any longer.... Why does he feel the need to change the lineup after this team went on a 3 game winning streak? What does he see in guys like Boyle/Bickel

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote