View Single Post
Old
12-18-2003, 09:55 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
What's to say he couldn't have gotten a top 6 forward or a top 4 defenseman in say, February? Maybe a teams' top line centreman goes down and they need a replacement for the stretch run. You don't think a team like Ottawa would give up a Rachunek or a team like NYI would give up a Mark Parrish to solve those problems?
It's a fair question. I wouldn't have minded holding out longer either. Maybe Comrie would be more open-minded about destinations as the trade deadline gets closer... maybe some other team develops an urgent need or decides Comrie would look good in their rebuilding program. Things might have changed. As well, the Oilers could have afforded to add more salary as the trade deadline nears.

Quote:
And speaking of which, Parrish is currently on the block and could be had for even less than Comrie right now (if you listen to NYI media).
Hasn't it been reported that the Isles were negotiating with Lowe but dropped out when Winter told them Comrie wouldn't sign there?

Quote:
Alexander Frolov was rumoured to be on the table for Comrie in late October/Early November.
I know it was rumoured Frolov's name was mentioned during discussions with the Kings... but I've got a hunch Lowe probably did all the mentioning. That discussion might have gone something like this...

Lowe: "Frolov?"
Taylor: "No."
Lowe: "Camma..."
Taylor: "Y..."

Quote:
it's not his fault that he couldn't get anything more than Marty Reasoner out of the Doug Weight deal.. but I digress.
Actually, that was Marty Reasoner and Jochen Hecht.. but I digress.